Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"REMEMBER" on a daily basis

1 Corinthians 11:2 -- Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

Mark 8:18 -- Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?

Psalms 63:6-7 -- When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

There are so many different ways to put yourself to the task of "remembering." One way that I've found to be especially positive in my life is taking the time to ponder each night and to rehearse the events of the day in my mind, considering all the things that went well and that I am grateful for. I always find a lot, and I always discover God in the day -- and often times as I remember I am surprised at how often (this is especially important because I usually do not notice/think of it at the moment, only in reflecting does it become obvious).

I want to be better at this. And I guess this is a little invitation to anyone who reads this to do the same...Look at your day and ask yourself "what did God do for me today that he wants me to see?"

Moroni 10:18 -- And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment