Friday, August 1, 2014

The hope of God's light

This is beautiful:




I especially loved this part:
“I realized that it is part of our condition as mortals to sometimes feel as though we are surrounded by darkness. That even though we may feel lost, that God promises to illuminate the way before us, no matter how long it takes. 
For two years God had nurtured a questioning soul. Little by little he had given me as much as I could handle, until the day I was humble enough to hear fully what he wanted to tell me.”

And this YouTube comment:
That whole story is miraculous as well, but not in the lightning bolt kind of way. Which I think is the whole point. God is there, waiting for us. But he has a process in which he fills our lives with light so that it means something to us. So that it sticks and actually makes real change in our lives. So good to hear that you feel gradually better. You have to just keep nourishing that and seeking it out. I know you'll do that, because now you know the difference between life with it and life without it. That's a very beautiful story you've told. It really is all about just not giving up and staying with it until you have the breakthroughs you're meant to have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment