Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the rising sun

Sometimes it boggles my mind when I see the things that people think are important. Sometimes I just can not understand the skewed perspectives on life that so many have. Sometimes it seems like rationality has left the minds of the world...

But then I read this testimony of Christ from C.S. Lewis:

"I believe in Christ as I believe in the rising sun, not just because I can see it, but more importantly, because I can see everything else more clearly because of it."

Those without Christ in their lives cannot see as clearly as we can; they do not know and understand what we know and understand. What a blessing of clarity we have because of Him.

And yet, even with this clarity we sometimes let this mortal existence hold too much sway on our thoughts and actions. Let me add to this something Elder Neal A. Maxwell said:

"It is very important that we do not assume the perspectives of mortality in making the decision that bear on eternity! We need the perspectives of the gospel to make decisions in the context of eternity."

We see more clearly because of Christ and we must use what we see to choose Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment